Smooth Sailing

I have a recent finish that I’m just over the moon with. I’m calling it Smooth Sailing. Of course giving homage to the block it is styled after, Storm at Sea, and the fabric line Seaside from Riley Blake.

20120902_999_13

The best part is it is my own design. I love it! It works perfectly with 10” Stackers/Layer Cakes by design of course. I’m always looking for a block that works for showing off a nice big print, or a favorite print. Aren’t these little kids on the beach just too cute?

 

  20120902_999_20

All quilted up. For some reason, in this picture it looks as if the back isn’t smooth. But I promise it is. Kay? I love those green crocks coming out of the bottom. His arms were too tired to take more than four pictures I think. Holding a quilt up is tough stuff.

 

20120830_999_7

A fun treat, was that I got to try this lovely Legacy Soy Blend batting out. Pellon is making batting now! How cool is that?