Personalize your walls with BIG prints for about $30

So, I’ve seen all kinds of posts about creating your own canvas prints, or how to make large prints using a plotter to print out black and white images and making a poster out of them and the like.

personalize your walls with big prints

After Thanksgiving, my little family and I froze our buns off out back of our house, snapping some pictures for our Christmas cards. I set up a tri-pod and used my remote trigger. (You can see the trigger in my hand, but I am ok with that. It is how I roll.) I’m pretty sure many of you dressed your family up and snapped some pictures for Christmas cards, right? It is the one time of the year, we always have a family picture. Getting everyone together in one place, looking decent is a once a year miracle in my house. I’m sure I’m not the only one.

under 6

I ran to my neighborhood Sam’s Club and had them print it big. I mean REALLY big – 16 x 20 big. I don’t know why I never thought about it before. But they make lovely prints. I know sometimes the plotters or blue print printers that I’ve seen posts about, are usually not photo quality. I want photo quality! I also want color! I don’t know why I’ve never looked at Sam’s Club for big prints before. I can totally do $5.96 for a large print. I ran to Michaels and picked up a discount frame for $25.00. Total is just over $30! I now have a large piece of artwork for my walls, that is personal to me.

I have a lovely canvas that I spent a pretty penny for years ago. And I love it. But I am not going to be able to get a new one every year to stay current. But now, I just need to change out my big frame each year with the most current Christmas pictures. I can totally do $6 a year on updating my walls!

16 x 20 big print

How big is 16 x 20? This big. It is half the size of my oldest son!

(I would note that it is a lot more difficult finding a decent price on frames any bigger than 16 x 20….at least where I was looking.)

Now, why didn’t I think of this sooner?

How do you keep current pictures in your house?

~Anjeanette