First finish of the new year!

heart wall hanging by Anjeanette 1

Ok, so I should have finished this in less than a week, but I have a head cold and didn’t spend much time on the sewing machine.  I do love it though. It gets so dark here in the winter. (Which makes pictures really crazy too. Must learn how to shoot in the dark we have here.)

The outside border is all HST and let me just say, I’m not a super huge fan of them. I do think it turned out nicely though. This quilt from A Blond Quilts was the initial spark for my wall hanging. Her piece has lots of bright colors in it.

I knew I wanted a black and white damask pattern. It gets crazy in the picture, but in real life, it is lovely.

 heart wall hanging by Anjeanette

I just appliquéd the hearts on with a machine blanket stitch. One I did a random swirl on it. I love it!

 heart wall hanging by Anjeanette 2

First finish of the year! Yay!